Unless indicated to us in writing, you will be housed in the hotel designated for your affiliate, council or local. Listed below are negotiated daily Convention hotel rates that include tax. Please note that the room type cannot be guaranteed until time of check-in.
Westin Boston Waterfront
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Tower
Westin Copley Place
Sheraton Boston Hotel
Friday, June 15, 2018: Official housing registration deadline. Reservations will be handled on a first-come, first- served basis. Reservations after June 15, 2018, will be confirmed based on hotel rates and availability.
Wednesday, July 11, 2018: The final day that AFSCME’s Conference & Travel Services Department will accept changes or cancellations. Please contact the hotel directly after this date.
Download PDF map of the local area with Convention Hotels.
Information You Need to Know Before Booking Your Hotel:
- A credit card or check is required at the time of booking to guarantee each guest’s reservation for one night. The credit card will only be charged for the first night of room and tax, not the full stay.
- Upon arrival, the guest will be required to provide a $100 security deposit for the entire stay, which will be refunded at the time of departure with a valid ID. THIS IS NOT FOR INCIDENTALS, BUT A REQUIRED DEPOSIT. Please be aware, if a debit card is used in lieu of a credit card, it could take up to seven business days for the bank to refund the deposit.
- Guests have the option of requesting that incidentals be turned off. However, if a guest elects to have incidentals turned on, a credit card is required to cover all charges. Charges for incidentals are separate from the required security deposit.
- Failure to cancel a room reservation 72 hours prior to the scheduled arrival will result in the one night’s room-and-tax deposit to secure the room reservation to be forfeited. The deposit is refundable if notice is received by the hotel at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. Deposits will also be refunded for cancellations due to unforeseen medical emergencies involving guests or their immediate family members. Failure to notify the hotel before or at check-in of an earlier departure day than confirmed may result in an early-departure fee equivalent to one night’s room and tax. Please note that housing refunds will take seven to 14 days to be processed. If any guests should need to leave the event prior to their anticipated day of departure due to an emergency, they will not be charged for their rooms after check out or be charged early-departure fees.
- Hotel check-in is 4 p.m. Check-out for all hotels is noon. Please note that all hotels in Boston are non-smoking as mandated by the Department of Public Health.
- Special requests (e.g., Braille, child care, refrigerators, scooter, Spanish interpretation) can be indicated when you register for Convention housing. You will receive a follow-up communication once you’ve made the request.