Complimentary child-care services for children of AFSCME delegates and alternates during the 43rd International Convention will be offered at the Westin Boston Waterfront Saturday, July 14 through Friday, July 20 during Convention hours only. Child care is limited to children ages 3 months to 12 years old, and space is limited for children under 2 years old.
This year we have contracted with Accent, a licensed, bonded and insured quality child care provider. Accent staff will be providing age-appropriate activities for your child in designated rooms on the Mezzanine Level of the Westin Boston Waterfront near the Sky Bridge to the BCEC. Please download and complete the general release and waiver form and bring it with you to child care on the first day, Saturday, July 14.
Below are a few general guidelines:
- You must present a government-issued ID when you arrive at the child care program with your child(ren).
- We are providing daily meals and thus would like an accurate count of children attending. We understand that your schedule may change unexpectedly, so please confirm your schedule with the Accent providers when you pick up your child from child care each day.
- Children are expected to remain in child care until picked up by an authorized adult with appropriate ID. Children will not be able to check themselves in or out of child care.
- We have not contracted with Accent to provide after-hours child care. Please pick up your child no later than the end of the Convention each day. You will be personally responsible for late fees imposed by Accent if you pick up your child after the closing time.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, please turn your cell phone on vibrate while you are in the Convention Center if your child is in child care.
Please download and complete the registration form and return it to Pam Perillo in Conference & Travel Services by Friday, June 29. The form can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (202) 452-4026.
Please note: Copies of these forms will also be available for you to complete onsite.